Wednesday, 23 August 2017

Day 6, 21 August 2017



We started the lesson working on Edmodo.
Each one of us created one own group/class (depending on the
participants) which is given a code. We need to name the group so that it is easily identified by the partecipants.
When all the participants have logged in our group/class (through the code) , we can lock it (so that nobody else will join in).
The next steps were: create an introduction to the course (“ hello
everybody! I am Paola Primavori and I will be your teacher on this
course. I really hope you will like it and I am sure we will work very well together.” Possibly add a picture.
Next we created a poll with 2/3 questions (have you ever been to Italy ? Yes/no; Which part of Italy would you like to visit? North/South; Which city in Italy is you top destination? Venice, Milan Rome, Naples, Bologna, Florence).
Next we created a quiz. A quiz can be made up of different types of
questions (true/false, multiple choice, short answer, fill in, matching) .
We must remember that short answers are not corrected and assessed by Edmodo. We had better use “assignments”for an open question (write a paragraph of about 150 to describe your favourite place in Rome “).
So….. short answer questions are not very used .
If we make a mistake in one question, the best thing to do is delete it immediately . If we have given the quiz or poll a title which we Must!!!, it will be easy to retrieve it as Edmodo automatically saves everything produced. Once we have retrieved the question we can edit and correct it.
It is possible to create quizzes related to , for example a video that we will insert.
The same is true for “assignments”. These tasks must be corrected and assessed by the teacher .
Edmodo is mainly used for homework.

Finally each one of us entered the others’ group/class and took the polls and quizzes. We immediately got the results!!
In the afternoon we started to use SnagIt.
First Russell showed us all the possibilities it offers and then gave us some tasks:
1. Make a video of you testing SnagIt and upload it on Edmodo ;
2. Make a video to show your students how to create a playlist on
YouTube and share it with Edmodo;
3. Make a video to show students how to subscribe to a channel,
save it in your Google Drive and share the link on Edmodo.
Unfortunately, there was something wrong with my computer (probably with Media Player) and even though I could create the video, I was not able to reproduce it! :-((
…. So I guess I will have plenty of work to to tomorrow in case we find a solution to the problem. I really do hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment